The summer season is around the corner and we can’t wait! We love our summer interior projects and are already getting prepared for the hot days and warm nights. Summer is the season for having friends and family over to relax in the beautiful outdoors. Likewise, your outdoor living spaces may need a little boost before you get those parties started. Here are 5 simple accessories to add to your outdoor living area to ensure you have a fabulous summer filled with friends and good times!
- Add Simple Elegance with Lovely Lanterns. Lanterns are affordable, simple, and versatile! While we love plants on their own, by putting them in a lantern you can add a pop of color and a more expensive appeal to your outdoor living area. You can also opt for citronella candles by placing them inside your lanterns to keep those pesky bugs away! In contrast, if you’re looking to add outdoor flare without the flame, you can also purchase battery-powered candles to place in your lanterns for a romantic evening glow. From coastal, to cottage, and contemporary, there are lanterns available for every style.
- Make Your Guests Happy with End Tables. Have you ever been at a party and found yourself fumbling around with plates of food, drinks, and your phone? Not being able to set things down is a hassle, therefore, we highly recommend adding a few tables to your outdoor living areas. There are many creative ways to add more table space to your outdoors. For example; you can paint an old crate, use a pretty wire wastebasket flipped upside down, or opt for end tables created specifically for the outdoors. If you have outdoor furniture you should also consider getting an outdoor coffee table. A larger table in your outdoor area is ideal for board games or cards as well! As a result, your party guests will feel more at ease by not having to fumble around with their hands full.
- Get Creative with Metal Tubs, Buckets, and Pails. Metal tubs are one of our favorite ways to accessorize outdoor living areas! It’s an effortless way to add a more tasteful and expensive look. By placing metal buckets filled with fresh flowers throughout your outdoor living area, you’ll add instant eye-catching appeal. Furthermore, these provide a lot of decor opportunities. Pails are adorable as an decorative accent on your tables, and tubs and buckets are great as centerpieces and lawn accessories! In addition, if you’re throwing a party this summer, those metal buckets are also perfect for filling with cold ice and beverages. These metal accessories will add simple yet extraordinary appeal to your outdoor living area, and is sure to impress your guests!
- Cozy up with Outdoor Rugs. While outdoor living needs to be practical, it can also be cozy and comfortable. Outdoor rugs that are resistant to liquids and tears are a great way to dress up your outdoor living area. However, make sure you purchase a rug that is mold and mildew resistant. Most noteworthy, bamboo tends to be the most popular choice as it is UV resistant, and a long-lasting material. In addition, keep your rug looking fresh and pretty by regularly cleaning it. For example, simply try hanging the rug over a rail and hosing it down, while sweeping up underneath where the rug sits. Ongoing cleaning helps combat the dirt and weather to maintain that fresh and vibrant appeal you’re looking for. Outdoor rugs are a great place to have some fun with bold colors and prints, so don’t be shy when picking out yours!
- Light up the Night. Adding attractive lighting to your outdoor areas will make a huge impact! Most individuals underestimate their options in outdoor lighting. There are many choices to choose from: string lights, solar lights, post lights, and floodlights to name a few. Solar lights are great for placing in your yard to light up your walking path. In contrast, if you’re wanting to add a lot of light to an area we recommend choosing a flood light for lighting up walls, bushes, trees, etc. Finally, our favorite summertime lighting pick is string lighting. Placing string lights along windowsills, draping overhead, or around banisters amounts to a gorgeous summertime vibe. Nothing says summer quite like a backyard party at night with pretty lights and a campfire!
We’re curious! How do you like to dress up you’re outdoor living areas for the summer? Send us an email with a picture of your outdoor project, or leave us a comment below!
From Classic to Contemporary and Everything in Between,
CH Interior Designs-Brenda Weber